Website United Way of Greater Rochester
Join the team!
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of community ambassadors to serve Greater Rochester with your time and talent, consider a career with United Way.
Our mission is to unite the goodwill and resources of the Greater Rochester community so that everyone can thrive. That means that our team is committed to working with local donors, businesses, not-for-profit program partners and people in need to make this community stronger and more vibrant together!
Our core values define who we are and how we serve our community together. United Way and our team members are caring, trustworthy, collaborative, innovative, respectful and results-oriented.
Marketing and Communications Project Manager
Director of Marketing and Communications
This position is responsible for managing all of the logistics of multiple marketing and communications projects, including establishing milestones and timelines, budgets, collaboration of staff resources, interdepartmental requests, third party/vendor coordination and successful project execution.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives new project initiatives in support of the Agency’s strategic plan timely and efficiently
- Partners in the development and implementation of business solutions with the Director, internal stakeholders and functional teams to deliver end-to-end management for the interconnected sets of project deliverables
- Evaluates effectiveness of individual projects and adjust work plans as necessary
- Develops project, communications, quality management, risk, and contingency plans
- Unravels, defines and documents complex business requirements/processes, including lessons’ learned post implementation and other associated documentation
- Solves problems, resolves conflict and remains calm under pressure
- Manages project issue logs and resolutions
- Stays abreast of trends on market and digital media “best practices” ensuring effectiveness of project deliverables and value to the Agency
- Manages costs of deliverables to ensure whole plan stays on budget
- Prioritizes projects and tasks based on prominence and deadlines, and help others to do the same
- Must be capable of reliable and predictable attendance
- Consistently demonstrates the values and mission of the United Way
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attention To Detail
- Business Acumen
- Customer/ Client Focused
- Collaborative/Team Player
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Management
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
None required for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program with 5 years of experience in project management in the communications and/or advertising industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects of various sizes on weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Demonstrated experience working with colleagues across varied job functions (i.e. designers, copywriters, finance team members, executives, print and digital production, etc.)
In support of the ADA, this job description lists only the responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
United Way of Greater Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to: HR@uwrochester.org