Website Butler Till
- Reports To: Associate Creative Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Approved By: Kimberly Jones, President
- Approved Date: October 2015
The role of a Junior Digital Art Director is to develop visual design communications and innovative digital solutions for the clients we work with. These initiatives can include: websites, rich media ad creative, marketing emails, landing pages, and Apps. All projects are completed with the highest level of aesthetics while maintaining maximized usability and functionality. The Junior Digital Art Director is passionate about effective design with an eye toward usability, has an eye for detail, and is able to explain the capabilities and limitations of modern web development. He/she is also well versed in traditional advertising strategy and execution including direct mail, print collateral, branding, logo development and beyond.
BUTLER/TILL’S IDEAL CANDIDATE
You have a passion for the creative arts and advertising. You are a digital native and you use digital media as your primary source of news, information and entertainment. You are adept with navigating the vast reaches of the Internet for information and research, and you regularly use social media and other digital platforms for communication. You have an understanding of the fluid and evolving digital landscape.
You have proven visual design skills, and the ability to produce impactful creative in response to a creative brief. You should have a good understanding of what appeals to audiences both on and off line. You will be expected to produce digital creative across a spectrum of digital platforms. The Junior Digital Art Director will manage multiple projects and deadlines and consistently deliver creative on target and on time, seeing projects through from concept to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work as part of an integrated team—digital strategists, account executives, paid media specialists and research analysts—to understand client goals, craft meaningful insights and develop effective integrated marketing strategies across digital, social, print, video and other channels that produce measurable marketing results
- Propose creative solutions to client briefs through conceptualization, team brainstorming, storyboarding, and the visual design mockup processes through to production
- Create the visual palette of the creative product from type style, imagery, photography, color, and layout through concept development, art direction, layout, design, storyboarding, animation, and HTML/CSS coding
- Act as a brand steward by developing and comprehending client style guides while maintaining consistent graphic identities that align with other print and advertising media
- Prioritize own work; take a proactive approach in understanding the work and handling multiple projects while consistently meeting objectives. Work well with various resources: vendors, freelancers, interns, coordinators, and QA to complete deliverables on time and to standards.
- Any other duties as might be required that is compatible with skillset
TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in graphic design/web design (or similar)
- 3+ years experience in the field of interactive design (including user interface, multimedia, web graphics and/or animation design)
- Prior experience as an Interactive Art Director either at an agency or an in-house creative department preferred
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Competence in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, DreamWeaver, InDesign, After Effects, etc.) on a Mac and PC platform
- Experience with HTML/CSS, content management platforms (Word Press, Joomla, Drupal, etc.), and search engine optimization techniques and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute conceptual visual ideas to create innovative digital solutions in a highly collaborative environment
- Portfolio containing 2 to 3 integrated campaigns with a focus on digital a plus
- Self-started and self-motivated; ability to accurately gauge and estimate time required to complete tasks
- Strong project management skills; must be well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in mobile/responsive design a plus
- Photo, video, and audio experience (capture, editing, and direction) are a plus
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable