So you’re a talented creative leader looking for your next move. A place where you can spread your wings and connect with a whole new kind of opportunity.
We could be that place. We’re Mirror Show Management and talented people are the lifeblood of our company. What’s more, we’re a door into an industry that’s fast paced and exciting — the amazing world of tradeshow exhibit design.
A Creatively-Driven Industry
Think about it. A great exhibit is all about standing out. And delivering new experiences that will intrigue attendees and turn them into fans of your client’s brand. You’ve got to grab a person’s attention and immerse them in color, sound, activities and messaging that really connect.
At MSM, you’ll be the strategic source of creative inspiration and a catalyst for transformation working for some of the world’s coolest brands, including PepsiCo, Capital One, Cisco and Johnson & Johnson. We collaborate with our clients and their advertising agencies to make sure that what we create is world class in every way. So you can unlock your potential and keep growing.
Not for Everyone.
We won’t kid you. Ours is a tough, competitive, deadline-driven industry. Professionalism, maturity, teamwork and dedication are an absolute must. At times, you may have to work harder than you ever have before. And, yes, you’ll need to do it all with a smile.
Know this, too. We are a values-driven organization. And our standards are incredibly high. There are five core values and we take every one very seriously:
- Is a giver, not a taker
- Will do anything for our customers
- Has a positive attitude and always finds a way
- Thrives in a demanding environment
- Always does the right thing—even when no one is looking
If this doesn’t sound like you, we urge you to not waste your time and ours by applying. But if it does, and you have the qualities listed below, plus a desire to join a fascinating industry at a really great company, please drop us a line.
But do it fast. We need more amazing people now!
The Executive Design Director will possess the hybrid skills of a strategic business executive and a creative problem solving designer who is a catalyst for transformation and a cultural change agent.
- Superior leadership, collaboration, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience & excellence in managing, inspiring and motivating creative staff to reach maximum potential
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Demonstrated talent for high caliber creative concepting
- Ability to judge creative concepts and clearly communicate creative direction to others
- Become the creative resident expert and gain deep understanding of our clients and their business/industry
- Demonstrate compelling and captivating presentation skills; possess the ability to communicate eloquently and connect with the room on a deep emotional level
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, MS PowerPoint
- Familiarity with After Effects, Google SketchUp (would be helpful to have these, but not a must)
- Ability to visualize forms and integrate graphics, type, and color in completed 2D and 3D solutions, and articulate design solutions through effective written, visual and oral communication
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail and a professional attitude and appearance
- Highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency to obtain results, meet deadlines and produce accurate work
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibit transformational leadership by being a positive, moral, and inspirational role model. Gain the trust of the team, and motivate them to perform at high levels while supporting the strategic goals and core values at MSM
- Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly and act as a constant source of creative inspiration
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as a leader of the creative team. Collaborate with other teams to ensure flawless execution on client projects from concept through production
- Collaborate with the ExperiTech team to fully integrate customer engagement
- Ensure that our high quality of creative output is upheld; maintaining consistently high standards for self and others
- Deliver strategic solutions that help our clients attain their marketing/tradeshow objectives
- Translate client objectives and marketing briefs into a design direction that involves 2D, 3D and interactive design solutions
- Ensure the professional development and readiness of the creative team
- Make decisions on a daily basis that ensure both profitability and creative quality
- Direct the activities and career development of the creative team members, including conducting staff reviews, taking corrective actions and recommending staffing changes
- Quality control; including proofing, reviewing, measuring and evaluating staff performance, creative output and creative processes
Please note: travel to shows may be required on an as-needed basis.