The Communications Specialist will play an integral role in implementing specific projects related to the successful execution of Lollypop Farm communications and outreach plans serving the mission and strategic goals of the organization. Collaborating with the outreach team, this role uses a creative and strategic approach to engage the community through a variety of communications tactics that are aligned with the Lollypop Farm brand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements web, social media, print, advertising and other tactics as assigned to support programmatic and organizational efforts in collaboration with the Associate Director. Ensures consistency of messaging across platforms. *
- Solicits and collects stories from within and outside the shelter to support communication efforts and convey the impact of programs. *
- Creates social media content based on communications plan, while managing online relationships and building supporter base. *
- Recruits (in collaboration with volunteer department), trains, and manages volunteers to accomplish communications efforts.
- Participates in departmental meetings and works cross-functionally with other members of the team and organization.
- Assists other departmental and organizational efforts such as special events or program support, as needed.
- Uses basic graphic design skills to create basic content for web and social media platforms. *
- Provides guest-centric support through social media and other web platforms.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable state and federal laws*
- Observe all safety rules and regulations for self and others*
Duties and responsibilities noted with asterisks (*) are considered to be the essential functions of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. (1)
Flexible weekend schedule required to accommodate special events. Ability to work both independently and as a team player. Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative to participate on social media and other media opportunities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required. 4+ years of related experience in: implementing communication tactics, executing social media communications, developing website and print content, and coordinating print production and advertising insertions. Animal-centric experience preferred.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in person.
Ability to work in an environment with cats and dogs.
Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
Demonstrates graphic design skills with expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Basic photography and video editing skills are preferred. Highly proficient technical skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of common office software programs such as Word and Excel as well as a proven proficiency to quickly adopt other software programs as needed. Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (1)
Performs work primarily in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, feel, speak, hear and see. Must be able to see and read from a computer screen. Performance may also require prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion and occasional lifting up to 30 lbs. with reasonable accommodations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. (1)
The employee must have the ability to work in an environment with cats and dogs. The employee may work in an area with high noise level, and potentially be subject to animal bites and scratches. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cleaning chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, dust, animal dander, and feces.
(1) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MUST EXHIBIT LOLLYPOP FARM’S CORE VALUES
- Compassion – showing empathy and sympathy for what others – both people and animals – are
- Communication – able to convey accurate and timely information both internally and externally;
- Flexibility – willing and able to adapt to new circumstances and conditions;
- Commitment – a pledge to the mission, fellow employees, volunteers, animals and the community;
- Teamwork – willingness to collaborate and communicate to achieve a common goal;
- Integrity – pursuing our mission with honor, fairness and respect for animals, individuals and the organization;
- Respect – showing consideration and professional regard for all aspects of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LOLLFARM&cws=1&rid=58 →